A Naturopathic Doctor with Heart and Compassion
On being a licensed naturopathic doctor
Being a Naturopathic Doctor has been my passion and calling since I was a little girl. I was born and raised in Texas, have lived in Europe and Africa, and have travelled to many other countries with extensive stays. All the while, I continue to seek my path to be the best doctor that I can be for you.
Thus far, I have:
- Completed a Bachelor of Fine Arts- from Stephen F. Austin University,
- Certified in Natural Hygiene, CNC.
- Interned for 6 months with Doug Graham, DC, renown Olympic athlete trainer/coach, natural hygienist and chiropractor, at his Raw Foods and Fasting retreat in Marathon, Florida,
- Interned 4 weeks with Dr. Leon Chaitow,ND at Stellenbosch Health Hydro in South Africa
- Certified by Dr. D’Adamo As a Blood Type Diet Specialist
- Certified as a Live Food Cuisine Chef by Gabriel Cousens, MD., Four week training at The Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center.
- Certified in Ayurvedic Medicine by Bastyr University
- Certified in Traditional Chinese Medicine diagnostics by Bastyr University
- Earned my 5 year doctorate degree in Naturopathic Medicine at Bastyr University, the largest university for naturopathic medicine and sciences in the U.S., combining a multidisciplinary curriculum with leading-edge research and clinical training recognized by NIH and Harvard University.
- Nationally Board-certified Naturopathic Doctor, 2000.
- Was licensed by the state of California since the year 2003 where I helped lobby to regulate Naturopathic Medicine in California and the Bill was passed.
- Licensed Naturopathic Doctor in the state of Colorado since 2014- first year of licensing of NDs.
- I have been a Member of American Association of Naturopathic Physicians for over 15 years.
- Have represented California and Colorado to the House of Delegates to the AANP
- Yearly, I continue to get over 30 hours of formal, certified continuing education credits to maintain my ND license in Colorado.
- Some of my Favorite Hobbies are being a keeper of bees, sailing/racing while living in CA, doing anything with my sons, hiking, vegetable and flower gardening, camping, backpacking, traveling, exploring, and frankly, I love to continue to study natural medicine/healing and its effect on the human body in all its wonder!
While living in France and Europe for 1.5 years, I studied French at the University of Bordeaux. I was introduced to not only to natural medicines such as botanical medicine and homeopathy, but also to some of the finest foods, country side and culture. Adding to my experience of traditional foods and culture was my prolonged stay in Bizau, Austria, and my travels to many other European countries.
While living and traveling in Africa for over a year, I studied and completed my certification and internships in a two year course in Natural Hygiene. Natural Hygiene was founded by Dr.Herbert M. Shelton. Natural Hygiene has supplied me with the fundamental knowledge of how the body can heal itself compounded by my doctorate degree in naturopathic medicine at Bastyr University. I am professionally trained in environmental medicine, in fasting, cleansing/detoxing and creating a safe environment to allow the body to heal itself.
After becoming a Naturopathic Doctor…
I co-founded Holistic Elements, a Natural Medicine Center, in Pacific Grove, CA, where I successfully practiced over ten years with other health care providers. Working as a primary care doctor and the clinic director, my patients transitioned to a healthier, disease-free lifestyle which radiated to their friends and family.
Moving to Colorado…
To be closer to family, we made the trek across the mountains to settle in the sweet community of Louisville, CO. Starting a practice over by some seems to be a great endeavor. I have embraced this change to start a practice that refines my goals and desires as a Naturopathic Doctor.
- My first goal is to help women learn how to care for themselves through the demands of life. I have found in my14 years of practice that many women by the age of 50 are spent, tired, exhausted, depleted… My desire is to catch women in their 20s, 30s and 40s who may be headed down this spiraling path and redirect them, gently. With women in their 50s and on, I help to restore, rejuvenate and replenish their health and vitality. The body is amazing in its desire to heal and be well.
- To be available globally, virtually. With today’s universal access to the World Wide Web, I have made a Virtual Practice. People are on the go and need easy access to information that is specific and unique to them. I work with people from many states and around the world via, Facetime, Skype, phone, and email. I order blood work as need be through your primary care or Ob/Gyn, or an order I send to you for any lab. Once our relationship is established, I will answer your quick questions and make recommendations accordingly. For example, I work with you to resolve a chronic health issue (s). Also, if you are about to fly out of the country, what should you take to maintain healthy immunity?
These are only a few of the experiences that has fueled my fire to become the Passionate, Knowledgeable and Wise doctor that I am.
With much exploration, I have come to the conclusion that a balance in all aspects of life works best for a healthy, well-rounded, human being. Let me help you find the right balance for you to experience Wellness.
At your finger tips, I am your ND On The Go, and Go To ND naturopathic doctor.
Naturopathic Medicine Denver • Boulder Co
Dr. Bella Icenhower | Naturopathic Doctor
The Best Women’s Natural Health Care